You communicate tech.
Perhaps you’re not fluent in tech, however should you traveled to the nation of Technobia, you might order a latte and get instructions to the resort.
GitLab, an internet Git administration system, is hiring a technical author who can translate tech communicate into easy-to-understand English. You’ll work with engineers to jot down net content material, tutorials and software program documentation.
The job posting says the corporate is on the lookout for a extremely organized author with technical proficiencies to create and edit content material that’s appropriate and full.
The distant firm states on its web site that staff can work wherever on this planet apart from the next nations: Brazil, Crimea, Cuba, France, Iran, North Korea, Portugal, Sudan, Sweden and Syria.
Advantages fluctuate by nation, however in america, staff are eligible for group medical protection, the corporate’s retirement plan and different advantages.
The hiring course of for this full-time job begins with a 30-minute screening name and contains no less than 4 further interviews.
Should you aren’t able to decide to a full-time job, it’s also possible to pitch your freelance technical article concepts to GitLab’s Neighborhood Writers Program right here.
Do these jobs not compute for you? No worries: You’ll be able to take a look at our Jobs web page on Fb. We put up new alternatives there on a regular basis.
Work-From-Dwelling Technical Author at GitLab
- Collaborating with engineers to jot down paperwork
- Modifying content material to make sure it’s complete, present and correct
- Producing written and video tutorials
- Reviewing pitches from freelance writers
Candidates for this place should have:
- Expertise writing software program documentation
- Educating abilities that may be included into writing
- Expertise utilizing Git
- Familiarity with the command line in Linux or Mac
Advantages for U.S. staff embrace:
- Medical, dental and imaginative and prescient insurance coverage (with non-compulsory Flex Spending Account)
- Life insurance coverage
- Quick- and long-term incapacity insurance coverage
- 401(ok) plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid day without work
- Parental go away
Apply right here for the work-from-home technical author job at GitLab.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a workers author at The Penny Hoarder. The closest she’s come to understanding Git is when she used it for the pun “You’ll be able to’t Git a latte in Technobia.”
Nice! Join our publication to study extra methods to make extra cash: