Photograph by aslysun / Shutterstock.com
A job that provides good pay, work-life stability or different sought-after perks could be onerous to search out. However your odds of touchdown one are loads higher in some cities than others.
Take into account beginning your subsequent job search in California. The job-search website Certainly lately ranked a number of of the Golden State’s cities among the many finest metropolitan areas for job seekers.
For its 2018 Greatest Cities for Job Seekers report, the job website evaluated the 50 metro areas with probably the most job postings on Certainly and ranked these metros based mostly on 4 questions:
- How favorable is the native labor market to the job seeker?
- What’s the common wage, adjusted for price of residing?
- How excessive do employers rating for work-life stability in Certainly’s overview database?
- How excessive do employers rating for job safety and development alternatives in Certainly’s overview database?
Every metropolis then obtained an general rating out of 100.
Half of the highest 10 locales are in California:
- San Jose, California: General rating of 100 out of 100
- San Francisco: 83.three
- Boston: 65.four
- San Diego: 59.1
- Los Angeles: 57.7
- Minneapolis: 55.four
- Sacramento, California: 50.6
- Miami: 46.5
- Seattle: 43.5
- Washington, D.C.: 42.eight
A sixth California metropolis — Riverside — additionally made the highest 25. It took the No. 13 spot with an general rating of 38.2.
San Jose moved up from the No. 6 spot final yr to No. 1 this yr, thanks primarily to sturdy scores within the classes of job market favorability, work-life stability, and job safety and development.
Main employers in San Jose — which is residence to Silicon Valley — embrace tech firms like Apple and Cisco. In addition they embrace Santa Clara County and Stanford College.
What’s your tackle this information? Pontificate beneath or over on our Fb web page.